Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sunday Funnies #10: Donald Duck and his Victory Garden

First, I would like to wish everyone

A Very Happy Mother's Day!

Second, I would like to wish my kiddo 

A Very Happy Birthday!

I hope you and Lipeng do something fun today.

Third, since I live in the city, I only have a little herb garden in my window, but today I have spent the morning chasing the birds away from it (a chicken wire fence is in the making), but since I reviewed a book about the importance of Victory Gardens in WWII and it is pretty much planting time, I thought I would post this old Donald Duck comic about birds and Victory Gardens.  Donald's Victory Garden first appeared in this edition of Walt Disney's Comics and Stories April 1943 #31 (in color, not B&W):


Page 1 (click to enlarge and read)
Page 2 (click to enlarge and read)
Page 3 (click to enlarge and read)
Page 4 (click to enlarge and read)
Page 5 (click to enlarge and read)
 Page 6 (click to enlarge and read)
 Page 7 (click to enlarge and read)
 Page 8 (click to enlarge and read)
Page 9 (click to enlarge and read)
 Page 10 (click to enlarge and read)


Maybe I will print some of these out and attach them to a Popsicle  stick and put them in my window box to keep away the birds.

HAPPY GARDENING!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the comics. :) I especially enjoyed the last box.

    Hope you had a nice Mother's Day and that your kiddo had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete